Lorie's Catch-All

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Meet the 5th Addition!

Nhandi at 8 weeks Here's my wonderul fifth addition...her name is Nhandi. She's coming into her own by smiling and doing lots of cooing! It's amazing how much they change in such a short period of time. She's really tempermental, that is, she's very vocal and knows how to "kick in the four barrels" (as my husband says) when her needs aren't being met.

This afternoon has been very hectic. I had to take my daughter to the hospital as she was bitten by one of two neighborhood dogs. Lucky for us the dog's owner was located nearby. Understandably, my daughter doesn't know which dog bit her as she was too busy running when one of the dogs bit her on the back.....poor thing. Now the dogs have to be quarantined for 10 days to determine if either of the dogs show any signs of rabies. In addition, their immunization records need to be verified. The screwy thing about this is that the owner is allowed to quarantine his own dogs. My question is, how is the owner qualified to determine if the dogs are okay after 10 days. At this point, I'm assuming that an Animal Control Officer is going to come out and make that determination. However, you know what they say about the word ASS U ME. Hence, I'm going to confirm the precise procedure with the Animal Control Officer and the Health Department as soon as possible. Blog on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home